GMA week: songwriters showcase

It’s GMA week. Didn’t know? Don’t worry. Only two or three other people in sg do, and unlike me, most of them get paid to care. One standard feature of the weeklong string of Christian music-related events is a songwriter’s showcase. I’ve been getting notes from a few people who attended, so I thought I’d pass them along, not least of all because they both touch on everybody’s favorite/unfavorite southern gospel ambassadors to the Dove Awards in 2007, Young Harmony.

First up, let me note that songwriter Joel Lindsey, who also performed at the event, posted about the evening on his blog here.

But on to the mailbag. Reader JB writes:

I saw Young Harmony at the GMA writers night with Mandesa, Third Day, etc and the crowd loved them.

But wait, if Fox News can be fair and balanced, so can AVFL. Thus reader KF:

I don’t know if anyone else has written you about the Gospel Music Week Songwriter’s Showcase of not, but I wanted to write and tell you what I thought. The showcase is one of my favorite events to attend during GMA week every year and I always look forward to it. Last night was no exception as some of my favorites performed their hits and I got to hear the writer’s tell about how they came to write. I especially loved hearing Mandisa sing — what a great talent!

My one disappointment was the lack of southern gospel representation. Joel Lindsey sang “Orphans Of God” which was recorded by the Talley Trio, but everyone there knew the song as an Avalon song so you didn’t really get the feel that it represented southern gospel. Then later Young Harmony got up and sang their song and it was just awful. After hearing everyone else’s songs, it really felt like amateur hour. Plus, Jonathan [Bond] gave his full car-wreck testimony before they sang and it came off as just trying to get everyone’s sympathy to make up for just bad singing and a bad song. There really should be stricter requirements as to who gets to call themselves a songwriter. Any suggestions?

If you’ve read me for very long (most recently, this), you probably know where I would probably have come down on things had I been there. But since I wasn’t, I’ll make two quick points: First, there really ought to be more rigorous standards for what qualifies a performer for GMA Songwriters Showcase beyond being nominated for a Dove (because, as we’ve already seen, this can mean a lot of things, but being above averagely talented is not necessarily one of them). I’m not just saying this in reaction to YH. But they are a perfect example of why a showcaseable songwriter ought to mean more than that a group owner put pen to paper and then in his role as The Decider for the group decreed that his new song will feature prominently in the set each night and be the focal point of a relentless radio and (perhaps with the help of his record company and friends) an awards-show blitz. As for suggestions, pegging showcase songwriters to sales of their songs (and not just sales of other people’s tunes that they have recorded in their role as performer) might be a start.

Second, never has anyone got so much mileage out of a wrecked car. Bond isn’t alone in working a set-piece testimony for years at a time (I can recite John Pfeifer’s rock-n-roll-to-redemption story nearly word for word right along with him at NQC each year). But no matter the story and its original emotional force and enduring personal meaning (you can read a written account of Bond’s ordeal here), press a testimony into service long enough, and inevitably it will begin to tatter and ravel.

Even taking the serial testifiers at their word (and I have no reason to doubt the veracity of their accounts or the significance they ascribe to them), one might nevertheless legitimately wonder after a certain point whether or not the unmerited favor of salvation being celebrated in these stories is perhaps a scosh diminished by so melodramatically memorializing the imperiled soul miraculously delivered. If the thrilling account of the fateful near-miss with sin, hell, death, and the grave weren’t almost always privileged over the life made possible by deliverance, I might be more sanguine. But at any rate, and as I’m sure some preacher somewhere has already said: it is (or ought to be) a spiritual journey, not a nightly spin around the same block.

Update: Reader RPM contacted the Chattanooga Free Press about the paper’s archive stories involving Young Harmony’s Jonathan Bond. The paper’s response, from Emily Berry, a staff writer:

I searched our archives and found a few mentions of Mr. Bond in our Faith section, including one testimony written by him and run as a “Sermon Story,” definitely not as a news story by any of our reporters. This did not run in our news section, which as you suspected would definitely require some fact-checking. Whomever sent [the testimony on YH’s website] to you representing that it was a news story or written by a reporter was mistaken. If you need anything else, please feel free to contact me or any of our editors.

Thanks very much,
Emily Berry

Email this Post

Comments

  1. Dale Embry wrote:

    IF the car wreck and Gods saving grace is what and WHY Young Harmony is singing!!!then let them tell their story. I was at the GMA Showcase-and I was lucky enough to be in the press area. December Radio, Chris Tomlin,Mandisa all wanted to adopt Young Harmony. I was glad. The only person that seemed jealous and critical was one of our own-a Southern Gospel wanna be person. I never witnessed anything but kindness and support. And during YH’s testimony-people were crying and lifting their hands.

  2. gc wrote:

    Great for YH..In my dealings with CCM they are usually not as competitive and eye scratching as SG.

  3. niven wrote:

    “Even taking the serial testifiers at their word (and I have no reason to doubt the veracity of their accounts or the significance they ascribe to them),”…I went to the YH website and read the “testimony”…anyone who has worked in ER or an ICU, as I have for many years, would very much doubt the veracity of that account…

  4. Peggy Ward wrote:

    I live on the upper part of the AR/OK border and have met Young Harmony the old fashioned way, in a Church. I find them to be genuine, honest people who would give (and have) the clothes off their back to someone who needed them. I know this is a fact because my daughter has received several. You think their “car wreck testimony” to be tattered and unraveled? It brought my unsaved husband to tears.

    I have learned that the Bible asks 2 very specific things of us.
    1. Love one another as yourself
    2. Worship and glorify God, and only God

    You say that they cannot sing. Let me ask you this, do you listen to their music with its intended purpose in mind? It was intended to worship and glorify God. If you are listening to it with the purpose of finding faults, you will probably find them. But, if you are worshiping God than their music is right on target.

    We need to spend our time loving and building each other up. Picking up the lost and pointing them to Jesus. Leave YH alone and let them do their jobs.

    You do realize that while their ministry demonstrates both loving others as themselves and glorifying God… this blog does neither. I won’t even get started on stumbling blocks.

    Thank in large part to Young Harmony and good people like them, my husband now sits in a Church every week. Praise God that there are still people out there bringing in lost souls!!! You have a wonderful God filled day! I will be out, spreading the wondrous word of God and loving everyone as myself… including you.

  5. Dean Adkins wrote:

    “…diminished by so melodramatically memorializing the imperiled soul miraculously delivered.”

    Great turn of a phrase.

  6. Dug Deeper wrote:

    Peggy Ward wrote: You say that they cannot sing. Let me ask you this, do you listen to their music with its intended purpose in mind? It was intended to worship and glorify God. If you are listening to it with the purpose of finding faults, you will probably find them. But, if you are worshiping God than their music is right on target.

    I’m not intending to pick on Peggy, but if we used this analogy in every aspect of life, one could state the following:
    You may say that Chef Who can’t cook. But let me ask this. Do you eat his food with the intended purpose in mind? It is intended to nourish our body. If you’re eating just to taste bad food, you will taste it. But if you are eating his food to nourish your body, you’re right on target.

    I, for one, think that food (and Southern Gospel music) can both be top quality AND serve the purpose for which it is intended.

  7. CG wrote:

    Peggy Ward wrote:

    “You think their “car wreck testimony” to be tattered and unraveled?”

    Actually, Avery used the words “tatter and ravel”, not “unravel”. There is a difference.

    On that note, has anyone ever followed up on JB’s incredible story of the wreck? What hospital was he treated in? Who were the actual doctors and nurses involved. One would think that they would have incredible insight into JB’s story and possibly offer other details.

    I do believe that there is the realistic likelihood of confusion within “the Body” whenever someone offers testimony of “miracles” without offering corroberating evidence. I am certainly NOT suggesting this is the case with JB, I’m just wondering, where are the other principles in this story?

  8. Mark Forester wrote:

    CG……you ARE suggesting there is something wrong with the story or you would not have asked if anyone had checked up on it.

    Some of you need to have God perform a miracle in your own life and then maybe you will realize it happens…..sometimes beyond the decription or undstanding of doctors.

    My son is almost 2. He was not projected to make it past 30 weeks of pregnancy. The best doctors we could find all agreed on this. He is 100% fine today. Even our hindu neo-natal nephrologist told us “Your GOD did something great.”

    Before you get all huffy and automatically assume his story is faulty or sensationalized…….read your Bible. Some pretty crazy stories in there.

    I don’t know if they swayed Dove votes or not. I just don’t understand the amount of people that are all jacked up over YH. I have the feeling it mostly people who wish they had someplace to sing…….jelousy brings out amazing things in people.

  9. CG wrote:

    Mark,

    With all due respect, I have experienced miracles personally: physical healings and financial miracles (just this past weekend). I’ve also received the greatest of all miracles, personal salvation.

    With that said, my suggestion, in light of Avery’s posting (and mentioning JB’s testimony), if there is any doubt about any testimony that might be prone to “tatter” or “ravel”, or as Peggy mentions in post #4, becoming “unraveled”, shouldn’t we, as believers, be prepared to settle any doubt?

    I Timothy 5:19 commands us to present multiple witnesses in the case of an accusation against a brother; what’s wrong with a brother presenting multiple witnesses to quiet the doubters?

  10. CVH wrote:

    Regardless of Young Harmony’s musical dexterity (never heard them live, only listened to one CD and it was fair at best in my estimation), the question of the well-worn testimony reminds me of the Downings back in the day. When I was in my late teens I used to chase groups around if they were anywhere within driving distance and I caught a double-bill of The Downings and I-forget-who three nights in a row. I was 1973 I think and I still remember two things about those concerts.

    At the same point during each show Paul was sharing some moving story (the subject of which I forget); first Ann then Joy (yeah, in the good ole B.R. days) pulled out their handkerchiefs and dabbed their eyes. The same place in the story all three nights. Now every group’s got their set list and their stories but it seemed just a bit mechanical by the third night.

    What was even funnier is they had just released “Love Beyond Compare” on HeartWarming (Benson). It was a breakthrough album of sorts for them (some great tunes and charts) and they were obviously and justifiably proud of it. But what made me laugh was every night the cost of making it went up. The first night they said it cost over $15,000 to produce and you could hear an audible gasp from the crowd. Remember this was 1973 - today some groups spend that much on producing one song. The second night it cost $18,000, “so please buy one.” The third night it cost “over $20,000 to produce.” I can’t imagine what it must have cost by the end of the tour. (Wonder if they ever recouped?)

    Many people who make their living singing or speaking in public have well-known and dramatic testimonies that endure for decades. Joni Eareckson-Tada comes to mind. But as moving (and hopefully accurate) as Young Harmony’s may be, there’s a time when you have to move on - use it as a brief starting point or reference, then move on to what God’s done since then…even today. “Packaging” is necessary and appropriate as long as it never becomes an end in itself. Once it does and the hankies come out and the antennas go up on cue, it’s time to re-examine what you’re doing and why.

  11. MB wrote:

    I was at the showcase this year and felt very let down by the representation of SG. Or may I say I was embarassed, there was a “headlight in the eye look” from the crowd as YH performed. It’s a shame to have Southern Gospel music represented in this manner. How will it be taken seriously by perspective listeners and future fans if SG means amateur!

  12. JoyceM wrote:

    I guess I was in the dark part of the room when all of this admiration of YH was going on because I for one didn’t see it. The performance was ok but not GMA worthy. I found this site by doing a google search for sg. Interesting site.

  13. Mark Forester wrote:

    CG…..

    Are you serious??????/ What should JB do….have the doctors travel with him to tell his story? The verse you used about multiple witnesses has nothing to do with this situation. I have no reason to defend YH or JB but it bugs me that people will go this far to tear them down. I really have heard little of their music and have never spoken to them.

    I dont think he needs to prove his story to you or anyone. Let Dateline go do an expose on the truth if they care. Until then , or until I see concrete proof , I will beleive his testimony. As I said my own son’s story is pretty sensational……maybe you would like to see HIS medical records……..Of course my Jesus getting up and out of the tomb is pretty crazy too.
    As a matter of fact, over 500 people saw Him at one time and still today people doubt His story…….

    Quit tearing down a brother in Christ with no reason or proof. It is shameful.

    I am done with this subject. (which gives most people free reign to post whatever they want now!)

  14. Dale Embry wrote:

    I guess you folks arent getting the point. Nobody cares if you like it or not. GMA and CCM did. You werent invited to sing or judge. I have found most people that sit back and judge and condemn so heavily- are dealing with their own desires to be more than a player on the sidelines or a critic of others that are actually living their dreams. So, if you have a problem with how and where Southern Gospel is being represented, instead of cutting others down- take the time and bring yourself to the front and do something about it.

  15. John III wrote:

    Dale,

    Maybe part of the problem is how easy it is to have such a loud voice in SG. Unlike CCM, Country Music, etc, Southern Gospel is much like the internet. One who has a few bucks or HTML knowledge can present what may seem to be a million dollar company when in fact is nothing more than a few shelves of product in a spare bedroom.

  16. MB wrote:

    Good point. I was only expressing what I saw and heard. Not trying to “cut down” anyone though it very well may have come across that way. YH does the best they can and uses creative means to thier advantage. There is nothing wrong with that. These events are designed to showcase the best, the problem I have is with the system, not YH.

  17. Practical Fellow wrote:

    Is anyone else ready for the award show so we can retire this YH debate?

  18. NG wrote:

    This does not specifically refer to YH or its testimonies as I have never heard them.

    Speaking generally, what upsets me about medical miracle testimonies (and I personally had one of those miracles) is that they must be insulting to some of the families of Christian folks with similar diseases or accidents who didn’t survive. I once heard James Blackwood say we don’t know why God heals some people and not others. I love that quote.

    Too often I find a testimony makes it sound as if God chose to spare me because I’m special (unlike your son or your sister whom He didn’t cure.)

  19. Cindy R. Sanders wrote:

    WHAT? I am amazed at the crayons that are flying around here. I have heard YH and I do think that they are great. Have any of you heard the Inspirations? The Mccamys? Have any of you heard the new song out by the Freemans, I need a drink? From where I sit, YH has what it takes and is doing what it takes. They probably don’t care what you first graders are saying. This is so unchristlike from people who are supposed to be more like him. Is anyone judging us like we are judging YH. We are supposed to be the ‘top’ in our market also, that is the christian market. OH NO! Where is that blog?
    GO YH and anyone else that god is blessing. I hope you win every category that you are up for, although I am sure that isnt why you do what you do. Keep on the kings highway no matter what the kids are saying on the playground!

  20. Rod wrote:

    Some of you people are ridiculous…Mark I was dumbfounded at what CG wrote also…What’s more daunting is that NO ONE on this Post has a reason to even doubt JB about his “miracle” (Which by the way I have a very similar story that I tell EVERY NIGHT). Accept for Mr. Niven who obviously doesn’t believe in miracles we have no idea or even one bit of evidence to the contrary so WHY EVEN QUESTION THIS??? Also for many of you who do NOT sing. We tell the same stories night after night because there are MOSTLY different people there…Does anyone have a brain on this site. I can’t help it if you liked me enough to come see me again, I am STILL going to share my testimony AGAIN and hopefully someone will be saved or at least a seed planted.

    Also MR. VERYFINELINE or whoever you are…You knew this would open a can of worms and I am very disappointed in you. I know you’ll lose sleep but I thought I’d say it.

    Oh and if you quit using words that half of your readers can’t understand or pronounce then just maybe you could be “Fair and Balanced”. Just some advice…I know you’ll also lose sleep pondering this. :)

  21. anonymous wrote:

    By the way - www.gospelmusicupdate.com has photos of this showcase on the site…

    i did not get to attend so I am glad someone caught it in pictures…

  22. Tom wrote:

    I had never heard or read Johnathan’s “testimony” before, so with all this ruckus it seemed appropriate to follow the link and check it out.

    Sheesh! A broken back in nine places, brain aneurysm, fractured skull, his right eye “loosed from the socket,” broken ribs, right arm and shoulder broken, paralyzed from the waist down, and then . . . four days later he walked out of the hospital completely healed without any surgeries?? That kind of story would make Benny Hinn jealous.

    I’d be a bit curious to know who this “Paula J.” from the “Chattanooga Times Freepress” actually is, since the Chattanooga Times Free Press is a widely respected newspaper [and yes, “Free Press” is indeed two separate words in the name of this newspaper]. It just seems so odd that a writer for such a well-known newspaper would produce this kind of drivel. I’m sure that the newspaper would be embarrassed at the pathetic grammar and writing style their reporter exhibits, with lines like “His right eye was loosed from the socket and was being held with two out of 50 ligaments.” I’d be out of my league to try to comment on anatomy and physiology–but is the eye really attached to the body by “ligaments”? Any medical folks out there who can help us out here?

    I suppose I’ll probably go to sleep tonight trying to imagine the prayer that the non-Christian nurse prayed in an effort to effect such wondrous healing.

    Too bad that Cornerstone Magazine isn’t all that concerned with southern gospel. They did a wonderful job helping Mike Warnke get his implausible “testimony” straight, and I’m sure they’d do a splendid job straightening out this dubious “testimony” as well. Anybody got the resources to check it out? Surely someone is in a position to check out bits and pieces of the story. If this miraculous healing really did take place, surely it would have made the news–maybe even the Chattanooga Times Free Press!

    For now, until someone comes up with some compelling evidence otherwise, I’m going to have to conclude that this miracle story sounds like something a used car salesman might try to sell me . . . .

  23. CG wrote:

    Mark forester wrote:

    “As a matter of fact, over 500 people saw Him at one time and still today people doubt His story…….”

    And isn’t it amazing that Jesus himself took the time to offer proof to just one doubter so that Thomas’ faith could be strengthened (read John 20:24-29)?

    Again (in light of Jesus’ example) I ask, what’s wrong with offering proof?

    BTW, Tom, very interesting observation you made. The number to the Chattanooga Times Free Press News Editor is (423) 757-6305.

  24. gc wrote:

    There seems to be a theme here that always plays out when YH is mentioned. There are people who have been blessed and respect them as people. The humor is that even the staunchest supporters agree that they are not musically blessed but “Good People”. Nothing wrong with that and I would rather be known as a good person than a good “sanger”.

    Here is what has me baffled—Many people have questioned the sincerity of the testimony and basically challenge JB to prove it is true. What situations have taken place in the past to make people question his testimony? Many groups give personal testimonies and very seldom does anyone question the validity of the story. Help me out Rod, what is the deal?

  25. Rod wrote:

    GC…It has me just as baffled…It’s like everyone has a vendetta against these people…I can’t for the life of me understand why JB would have to prove anything unless someone has reason or evidence to the contrary. One reason was because of the reporters bad grammar…HELLO. Or his injuries were too extensive…That’s the whole point of the testimony…He was HEALED…I don’t know these people from Adam but I do know this from reading posts and hearing from other artists. They are honest and good people with integrity and a willingness to help others in need. I agree with you GC, I would love to have that legacy when I die…Being a Good “Sanger” won’t cut it when I stand before God. One other point that some of my fine theologian friends have pointed out in other posts. they have mentioned about God’s word not returning void…JB could be embellishing or lying through his teeth but God’s word will still permeate lives.

    Lastly…You guys that are the most outraged…PROVE IT. AVFL…You started it…PROVE IT. I have taken a step to shut everyone up…Stay tuned

  26. Sherry wrote:

    As I have read so much “negative” remarks on this website, my heart is filled with compassion for those who have nothing better to do than down people like Young Harmony that are out there touching souls and leading them to the Lord. What are all you who are finding such fault with them and their testimonies doing for the Lord? Have you ever been in a service with Young Harmony and felt the presence of God? Many people have and know they are genuine!! I find no place in the Bible or my Christian walk that gives me or anyone else the right to bash and down people. Why not try to encourage and lift others up and be happy for what they are doing to build the Kingdom of God!!!

  27. Nina McPeake wrote:

    I was there too, and I’m sure Jonathan and Ginger are nice, Godly people. What blue-blooded christian wouldn’t respond well to such a powerful testimony? If this is what happened to Jonathan, then it’s proof that “God Delivers Again.” But let’s not confuse that with a poor choice of song. The crowd didn’t respond well to the song/performance. I was near the back and the crowd noise was so loud by the second chorus, I could barely hear. “God’s Still God” is just not a good song (although there were several bad songs performed that evening).

  28. gc wrote:

    I have heard several stories about JB and some are not flattering. On that subject, I am sure in my lifetime I have earned some stories being told on me that are not very flattering.

    All that aside, I do believe that where there is smoke, you have a fire and there is way to much smoke on this issue. They are not viable from an artisitic standpoint and that is the bottom line with me and the music.The personal jabs are useless until someone has a factual point to bring up.

    They should not be representing SG at the Dove awards, should not be nominated and sales,dates and consumer feed back are factual points that back that statement. Some will take that as a personal attack, I say it’s a professional opinion based on solid information.

  29. dkd wrote:

    gc. I am with you on all points. This just proves what previous post’s on this subject were trying to say, Individuals, character and testimonies aside..I am sure that they are wonderful people and are working hard at what they do, they were and are out of their league in this case.

  30. RF wrote:

    I listen to a lot of sg during the day. My job finds me in my car a lot and my radio is usually glued to XM’s Enlighten or the Solid Gospel station in the area. Today, I was confronted with Young Harmony four or five times.

    It wasn’t bad, but not necessarily good either. It was my first real expereince with the Bonds and I came to the conclusion that someone who had never heard sg would write the whole genre off as hokey and head on back to CCM or some other genre immediately.

    That said, and after reading so many responses to Avery’s comments, I still think most everyone misses the point. It’s about the *quality* of the music. The subject matter and the sincerity of the artists are never put into question here. It’s taste. So much of sg is quite simply horrible. Today’s listening incuded some music that I was almost embarrassed to admit was part of this genre. Like my traveling partner said, we’ve heard better in church with amateurs.

    I’ve often said that there is more talent in our genre than any place in the world, but the presentation often makes you wonder.

  31. Chuck Peters wrote:

    RF: Yes.. there is bad SG,.. but there is also bad rock, pop, country..and so on.. What you are hearing on XM.. and other stations.. is bad radio programming.

    Chuck

  32. Rod wrote:

    Ok…Here’s the update…First of all GC I agree they should not be representing SG music Period at any event…Secondly I have defended them (even though I really do not know them) because of the many personal attacks on their character. So with that being said I e-mailed the Chatanooga Free press and below is the response I recieved from the nice reporter. You can draw your own conclusions. However this doesn’t mean it didn’t happen but my bull crap-O-meter went off when she said this wasn’t written as a news story. Maybe I will eat my words on this one.

    I searched our archives and found a few mentions of Mr. Bond in our Faith section, including one testomony written by him and run as a “Sermon Story,” definitely not as a news story by any of our reporters. This did not run in our news section, which as you suspected would definitely require some fact-checking. Whomever sent this to you representing that it was a news story or written by a reporter was mistaken.
    If you need anything else, please feel free to contact me or any of our editors.
    Thanks very much,
    Emily Berry

  33. gc wrote:

    Rod,
    You are the man..That could explain some of the doubters that have posted here.I would say that someone could clear this up if they wanted to comment with facts. When your in the public eye,billboards, nominated for Dove awards, in every magazine in sg, you should expect the attention exposure usually brings to your ministry and your music.

  34. CG wrote:

    Rod,

    I have much respect for you for checking the facts. Thank you.

    GC,

    You’re right, “someone could clear this up if they wanted to comment with facts”, but does anyone (YH or their management company) want to?

    My opinion is that, in consideration of the fact that YH and their management have commented previously here at AVFL (on other topics), they really should, in light of the seriousness of this confusion of the facts about JB’s testimony (and the Chattanooga’s TFP rep’s response to it), offer an explanation of clarity.

  35. Rick Hendrix wrote:

    I am not being rude.So, please dont take it wrong. But, we have real things to deal with. These kind of thing and stuff to me are termites to a building project. I realize it is something we must deal with- But, not every piece of bad press do we have time to spin.

    Rick Hendrix

  36. Rod wrote:

    Rick

    Been off line awhile..First of all I realize you’re busy and I agree every bad piece of press is just not worth the time…HOWEVER…There is no Paula J. at the free press and to the knowledge of current employees there never has been. Secondly this is not about bad press this is about flat out being dishonest in God’s name to further a career or ministry…I have no truck with YH or the doves like a lot of people do on this site BUT I do have a problem with telling incredible stories about God’s power only to find out it has been embellished or is a downright lie…We (christians) do not need that kind of “Bad Prass”. Don’t get me wrong I am not at this time calling JB a liar but I am calling his story SUSPECT…Rick I know they are your artist and I know you do a fantastic job of promoting these guys (They pay you well) and there is nothing wrong with that…However if I were you (which I am not) I would make sure a story of this magnitude (Which will bring questions) is rock solid. Not just for their sake but for the reputation of RHP. Be blessed my brother.

  37. Rod wrote:

    excuse me …”Bad press”

  38. Trent wrote:

    “Yes.. there is bad SG,.. but there is also bad rock, pop, country..and so on.. What you are hearing on XM.. and other stations.. is bad radio programming.”

    Chuck, you are so right. We could have consistent, quality SG radio across the board if programmers would commit to playing quality stuff.

  39. gc wrote:

    The problem with “quality” is the person who clarifies what they prescribe as “Quality”. It is evident that many people buy product that I feel is not quality but they like it. It has been said here before that SG has so many pockets of people..Finances,Denomination, and what region of the country you live dictates alot of what you like. Mckameys are not to my liking but they move much more product than some groups that I like much better.

    Bad Press is when someone discredits you with fictional info. This situation with YH is a career killer and will have to be addressed or the termites could take over the empire…I am with Rod on this one, what could be more important than this situation for YH.Radio play? bookings? billboards? or stretching the truth in a testimony that you share all over the southeast?

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked * Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

*

*