I’ll give you four Archie Watkins for one Ivan Parker

Did I know there were such things as sg trading cards and forgot? Surely not. Anyway, via reader HP, comes this: sg trading cards on ebay. I can’t decide if owning an Archie Watkins trading card is the height of campy chic or just plain horrifying. I guess we’ll find out. Let the bidding begin.

Comments

1. Chuck Peters wrote:

I have some of these.. Purchased a few on ebay a couple years ago. I would like to have more.. not sure why.. it’s kind of a SG nostalgia thing I guess. Just something kinda different. Goofy.. but fun.

2. Daniel Britt wrote:

As a kid, I purchased a “Taco pack” of these cards. It was a Gold City / Spencers concert and Gold City sold these cards in a variety pack. You chose your desired pack based on who’s picture was on the front of the package.

I wanted the Garry Jones “Taco” pack.

Still have them somewhere… Echoing Chuck Peter’s comments: goofy!

3. Jon wrote:

I have several of these but I’m not entirely sure where I got them. It seems to me that they were puttting them in cassettes at one time–2 random cards per cassette. Is that true or did I make it up?

4. Revpaul wrote:

Just heard Archie and the Inspirations last night.
    I love to hear him. Y’all hush!

I have a few of these that I got with new CD’s at the time. It also seems like I got a few from eBay a while back.

6. Chuck Peters wrote:

Well.. I bid on them.. but I am outta the running. I would like to have them but $20 was my top bid.. that’s enough for.. “goofy.”

7. Jon wrote:

One of you bloggers should start a SN card page where you post front/back scans of the cards. If people submitted the scans, you might be able to get a complete virtual collection.

8. Dave wrote:

Maybe it’s time they release a new modern day set!

Seeing as how protective the SN is with their pretty much press releases, I know I didn’t read where someone recommended we scan the cards and put them online. :-)

10. thom wrote:

speaking of Archie Watkins - I wonder if there will be any phoney “ties” this year at the Singing News Fan Awards….hrgm…correction. “We have a statistical tie.”

Can’t wait to see how it goes this year at the revamped Fan Awards.

11. Daniel J. Mount wrote:

I’d take an Archie card for four Ivans. :)

12. Revpaul wrote:

I’ll see your four Ivans and raise you a Squire Parsons.

13. FormerDJ wrote:

Yes, these came in select cassettes.

14. Derek wrote:

I own a few select cards that I got in some CD’s several years ago. I like the idea of scanning the front and backs…you may actually learn some things from these “goofy” cards. You know what they say…inquiring minds want to know! heheh

15. Bryan Vanover wrote:

I agree with Daniel Mount,four Ivans for one Archie any day

16. jean wrote:

I AM 55 YEARS OLD AND GREW UP HEARING THE INSPIRATIONS. ARCHIE WAS AND STILL IS AN OUTSTANDING SINGER DEDICATED TO DOING WHAT THE LORD WOULD HAVE HIM DO. HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE SAME BE IT AT CHURCH OR A SINGING SOMEWHERE ELSE. KEEP FOLLOWING THE LORD ARCHIE. HE HAS AND WILL ALWAYS BLESS YOU. OH I’D LOVE TO HAVE A TRADING CARD OF ARCHIE.

17. IvanParkerFan wrote: