Slightly OT: “Christvertising”

Hard to imagine this is real, but it’s pretty entertaining in any event. Money quote, via Michael Smith:

Christvertising takes a whole new approach to marketing your brand. We skip the strategic deliverables. We pass on the matrixes, the payoffs and the metrics. We ignore any viral functionality. We focus on the ultimate end-user; God…

Smith notes that Christvertisers have a readymade “reason Christvertising might not work, maybe God doesn’t love your brand.” Hehehe. Sure beats “we want to spend more time with our families,” doesn’t it?

Comments

1. Chris wrote:

This can’t be legit. And I’m sure he’s not even saved. Would someone of the faith be so brazen as to vainly utter the name of deity in the name of a huge internet joke? i don’t even know how to respond to someone like this. “Keep your money in the flock, and only dring milk from a Christian cow.”

2. philo wrote:

Listen up ,the guys right it’s perfect marketing because the premise is unproveable in human terms. It’s faith,trust,childlike if u prefer but hardly as sure as 2+2=4.Is it?

3. Scott wrote:

Chris–God is big. She can take a joke.

4. JW wrote:

“She can take a joke.” Yes, God is big, but God is holy. I have a sense of humor, but that’s just not cute or funny to me…and I’m beginning to wonder why any true Christians in the SG industry takes anything said here seriiously.

5. Robert wrote:

I have no doubt that God can take a joke but jokes are supposed to be funny. This one is not unless of course you are an atheist. Then it would probably only be mildly amusing.
    What bothers me is someone went to great lengths to make fun of God.

6. David Bruce Murray wrote:

Well, I’m very offended. Under the “What” link, Van Pelt uses the term: “isoceles approach to marketing.”

It’s clearly an equilateral approach. Although equilateral technically applies qualifies as isoceles, it’s the more restrictive, specific and preferred term.

As a math parable, this site fails miserably. Math analogies should be more precise than this…heathen!!!

7. GospelMusicFan wrote:

The site should hire Charles Brady and Chuck Peters evangelical e-commerce marketing.
    As for anything else, let’s not go there.

8. LW wrote:

Amen!!!! JW!

9. Lee wrote:

I have a GREAT idea. Since we as Christians are supposed to have a divine perspective on things why not use the Word of the Divine prior to any entry on this blog and see how long people will last.

As a Bible teacher in a Christian High School I allowed my students to say anything they felt as long as they had scripture to back it up. This flew in the face of the principal but it did allow open thinking and taught my students to think in Biblical terms. Those who could not come up with Scripture to back their positions learned the value of remaining quiet until you have something of value to say.

I am not sure about the whole marketing thing but the scripture that comes to mind about this particular idea is that “where your treasure is there will your heart be.” I’ll let everybody else take it from here.

10. Charles Brady wrote:

Lee I like that idea so I’m going to use it for GospelMusicFan’s comment:

Numbers 22:28 “And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass”

11. Lee wrote:

Chuck, I don’t think that is what I had in mind but I do like the creativity.

12. Charles Brady wrote:

LOL!!! I understand Lee. I was just pulling that ole yankee’s chain for using my name in vain. LOL!!

13. GospelMusicFan wrote:

I giveth it and I can take it.