Two Thousand and Whine

A list of bloggerly whines for the new year to which I assent wholeheartedly, save for No. 9, since my math skills suck.

Comments

1. judi wrote:

I’ll add two more:
    People who e-mail you and say they can’t figure out how to post a comment (when it’s simple to do.)
    Blogs that are so festooned with advertising and links to other blogs that it makes your head hurt.

Here’s a third:
    People who post on your blog with their blog ID just to drive some traffic to THEIR blog…

One suggestion: when are you going to put a visitor counter (sitemeter or similar) on your site? It wouldn’t clutter it too much and it would help take care of #9.

2. Crossway Fan wrote:

I didn’t know where to put this, but has anyone heard the new song by Crossway? Unfailing Love could quite possibly be the best song ever sent out to radio. Perfect vocals and message.

3. TERRY wrote:

I READ YOUR COMMENTS ON THE DOVE BROTHERS AND WAS TOTALLY DUMB FOUNDED, I’M JUST A COUNTRYBOY BUT I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN MUSIC MY ENTIRE LIFE. THE DOVE BROTHERS OWNED GET AWAY AT THE CONVENTION THIS PAST YEAR, TAKE THE STACKED TRACKS AWAY FORM YOUR FAVORITE GROUPS AND THE DOVE BROTHERS WILL STAND TOE TO TOE WITH ANY ONE IN THE BUSINESS. IF YOU WANT TO HEAR RECORDED MUSIC YOU SHOULD GO TO WALMART AND BUY YOU A CD AND SAVE YOU THE MONEY YOU SPEND ON CONCERT TICKETS BECAUSE IT IS OBVIOUS YOUR ONLY REASON FOR ATTENDING A CONCERT IS TO TRY TO TEAR DOWN GREAT TALENT! IF I DID NOT KNOW BETTER I WOULD THINK YOU WERE SOMEONE THE DOVE BROTHERS HAD PAST UP FOR A JOB OR EITHER BEAT IN A TALENT CONTEST. THE GROUP IS ONE THAT PEOPLE LIKE GLEN PAYNE LIKED PROFESSIONALLY AND PERSONALY ENOUGH TO INVEST MONEY IN . I REALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU RE COMING FROM!! FROM ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE I HAVE WATCHED THESE GUYS MANY TIMES PASS UP THEIR FLAT TO HELP SOME CANCER PATIENT IN NEED. I AM SURE WE WILL CONTINUE THIS DISCUSSION BUT FOR NOW YOU NEED TO UNCLOG YOUR EARS,WAKE UP AND BE A LITTLE KINDER IN 2009. I CAN’T WAIT.

4. j-mo wrote:

Terry,

What does this post have to do with the Dove Brothers? And why are you shouting?

Since you brought it up, I do like the Dove Brothers version of Get Away Jordan. Especially the part where Mcray sings “Fits geh coel, haun a shaun, biny bin chall bah tha haun uh dah, all way ta ruf mah mow, hah lah foded acrosst mah brist”. Truly beautiful stuff.

5. DD wrote:

Wow, that was loud…

I like the Dove Brothers version of Get Away Jordan much better, but #4 LOL. To be fair though, the Doves moves at a faster pace which is a strike already against McCray and I imagine Dove’s solo is closer to the top of his range than Ernie’s, so those two things would make enunciating properly more difficult. Maybe not impossible, but more of a challenge. :-)

7. sockpuppet wrote:

J-mo,
    FUNNY, because it’s true!

but I’m confused, I thought the “can’t count” was because he could only come up with 8 things

8. David Bruce Murray wrote:

I have nothing to say.

(PS. Click my name to visit my blog.)

9. Kyle wrote:

I have nothing to say as well.

(PS. Click David’s name to visit his blog.)

That Terry Boy is HIGH STRUNG!!!

So much so he confused threads…

Y’all pray for him and his Man Love for Doves!!!

J-Mo … that was funny!!

12. Janet wrote:

DBM - Are there treats involved? :P

In the meantime…”Oh, it’s SHOUTIN’ time in Heaven…”

13. cynical one wrote:

Janet, or at least it appears to be “Shoutin’ Time” on this blog.

14. TERRY wrote:

WHY DO YOU LOVE BRIAN FREE SO MUCH? BECAUSE HE HELPED GIVE US GOLD CITY AND A THOUSAND BRIAN FREE COPIES. DO YOU EXPECT TENORS TO SING G’S FOREVER. THANKS BRIAN YOU’VE BEEN A POSITIVE INFLUENCE FOR THE INDUSTRY.

I don’t know for sure, but maybe Terry sees the comments link above the post he is responding to and clicks it. The comment link is on the bottom of the thread, Terry. Or maybe he just clicks the most recent one to get it on top. :-)

16. morningmist wrote:

I was driving in my car the other day and found myself really enjoying a song by the dove bros. Not sure of the title? You don’t know about God’s love? Anyway great song, fresh sound. I loved it. Mccray is a super nice person. Good job boys..

17. Grigs wrote:

Click my name and you won’t go to David Murray’s blog.

J-Mo, quit speakin’ on tongues, they’ll think yore Pentecostal.

18. cdguy wrote:

morningmist - #16 — That’s probably their new song “You Don’t Know God’s Love”. Nice song.

19. cdguy wrote:

Terry - In addition to posting your comments on the wrong thread, you’re YELLING at us. Proper ettiquite (internet and otherwise) says you should not type in all caps. Could you pass out earplugs before you yell again? Thanks.

20. TERRY wrote:

SOME PEOPLE CAN SEE THE PRINT BETTER IF THEIR ALL CAPITALS. WHEN I GET OUT OF LINE MY PASTOR SOMETIMES MIGHT YELL. SO THERE YOU GO.

Terry… you ain’t our pastor and no one cares… if I may so kindly steal a line from CVH… “get off your momma’s computer!!”

I am sure you are yelled at much!!

22. Tony Watson wrote:

Terry - you may have been told that some can read the print better if it’s in captial letters, but you’ve been mis-informed. It’s known very commonly as shouting and it is very hard to read. All of the letters are the same size and height and are hard to distinguish.

But in regard to your comment about stacks - do you think that the Dove Brothers “don’t” use them?

23. natesings wrote:

I have noticed a lot of people that type in all caps are too lazy to use capitalization. It is sooo hard to reach down for that shift key!

24. TERRY wrote:

Natseings bingo, just too lazy to do the shift key. Tony yes I know they use stacks, I’ve also heard them without stacks, they are as good or better without them. Wade you think backwards it’s my granddaughters computer. CD guy sorry for the wrong ettiquite but this is my first blog thread or anything else on the computer, i just read where a lot of good talent and people were getting beat up on unjustifibly.

25. Dale wrote:

You are so funny, who made you the authority on gospel music? Can you sing? If so I would like to hear your talent. Please post a link.

Why do you go to singings? To come back and flap your jaws about things you do not have a clue about.

I get it, the Darrel Waltrip theory you bad mouth the best and people will get upset, and you become popular. I hope you will one day be popular. Bashing The Dove Brothers is like bashing Dale Earnhardt and you know that LOL
    Good Luck–

I like the Doves because they are good and they are not gay—WOW

I like Terry’s caps–It is called expressing yourself.

if you don’t want you use the shift key you can type like this. i think you are whispering when you do that and you know some people say that is how you get people to listen is to whisper instead of shouting. ;-)

TERRY… Yeah you will see some blood on here… it is not for the squeamish!!

But come on let’s be honest about a few things.

1.) There needs to be some blood letting in the SGM Biz!!

2.) Come on McCray we know it is you using you GooD Ole Boy Act!!!

3.) Get your grand daughter to help you make a Myspace or Facebook page and join us in the 21st Century!!!

28. Blueboy wrote:

Terry you forgot to say “Git er done!”

29. TERRY wrote:

Wade, I give Dove a fit over not doing more old Blackwood-Statesmen music . It is what I like but he knows what he is doing I guess, and that new material is pretty good. I rember him pulling DMB out of a slump after DMB band, when he was just a kid. He put Dove brothers to the top with a new young unknown group that is not nearly as good as the present day group. That is not a slam to John or Burman but Mccray and Erick have busted their tail vocally and David,Jerryand Jerry have more than kept up.