What’s on your mind? Some things to occupy the time while you think.
- Mickey Gamble over at Gospeleer thinks the Perrys have the right idea streaming live feeds of their concerts for free. My question to anyone who caught the recent webcast: what was the quality? And if you’re a diehard (what Mickey calls “followers”), does the quality of the feed matter, and how much? I’m actually asking.
- Speaking of Gospeleer, why does the main blog page only show one post at a time? Sort of makes it onerous on the non-daily visitor who’d like to see the most recent posts without digging into the archive. FWIW.
- Daniel Mount has some clips of the new Inspirations. DBM says they sound better than the old Is. I’d say they sound less bad.
- There’s going to be a big choral extravaganza - Fire in the Choir - at NQC to promote Daywind’s new choral music line (must everything rhyme?). About the same time I saw this, I noticed Roy Webb is playing the SBC convention this year. Which made me wonder, is DW doing a similar choral event for the Baptists at their big get-together? Certainly would make at least as much, maybe more, sense than doing it at NQC.
- The oldest known instruments have been uncovered in an ancient trash pile in Germany. They’re primitive flutes made from bird bone and mammoth tusks some 75,000 years ago. You can listen to the sound of a replica here.
- The SN is confirming what regular readers of this site have known for a while now, Terah Penhollow has left Crabb Revival.
- Kyle must be bored. He’s back at it with another installment of recording oddities.
What else?Email this Post