What’s on your mind? Some things to get us started.
- Jonathan Sawrie, among the most level-headed and cogent folks in sg, has a decent take on the old ministry/monestry thing. It won’t settle anything, but it’s a fun, pointed read (h/t, MM). Money quote:
Now concerning this “gospel group as ministry” idea:
“And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits; And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse: But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.”
I don’t know if that necessarily means to not fill the bus up before you leave town, but I’m pretty sure it implies not taking a signed contract.
- Speaking of nostalgia (and also via Burke), the Jimmy Blackwood branch of the Blackwoods have signed with Daywind.
- Bonus quote, from Scott Fowler, on the origins of the forthcoming Jubilee project: “I Saw a poll in the Singing News asking people if they would prefer a cd with one artist or one with two or three of their favorite artists. Something like 60% favored multiple artists. So, I gathered the troops and voila.”
- And oh yeah … MORE RECORDING ODDITIES!
- Late breaking addition: Is it possible that one member of Gold City has been fired and at least one other may have given notice, leaving GC with one or maybe even no non-Riley members? Often hard to translate bird noises, but I ask because of this comment combined with some emails I’ve been getting lately. This would, perhaps not coincidentally, explain Tim Riley’s return appearance, discussed above. Or not. Just asking.