This Happens to me All the time, Cont’d

As I ring-out for lunch today, the cashier at Jimmy Johns asks me if I’d like a loaf of yesterday’s bread for $.48. Out loud, I say no thank. But all the way to the drink station and out to the parking lot, I’m singing to myself:

So long have I hungered, Lord, my soul has desired
Fresh manna from heaven, to feed and inspire.
I’ve come through this famine! Lord! I need to be fed.
I’ve been trying to liiiiiiiivee, Lord, on yesterday’s Bread.

All together now:

So Lord here I am, at your table again
Seeking good thiinnnnngs, that flow your hand.
I’m empty and needy, but your word has said.
You’ll give me new mercies, not yesterday’s bread.

Dear readers, this happens to me all the time.

Comments

1. RDB wrote:

Ha ha. I don’t know as many songs as you so it doesn’t happen to me as often.

Unfortunately, its usually the lousy songs with a bit of a hook that this happens to me on. So its a very annoying experience.

2. cdguy wrote:

That’s exactly the response I’d have had, too. Thank you, Karen Harding.

3. Alan wrote:

Nice. Very nice. That happens to me a lot, and I’d bet to everyone who loves music. Those little triggers can cause happy thoughts and real praise. Music is such a gift!

4. Gayla Fooks wrote:

Hidee,
    Yes, I can relate! Almost everything to me is a “song cue”, and it is usually a Quartet Song!

5. scope wrote:

Every day when I read the Bible during devotions a scripture will start me singing as well.

6. BUICK wrote:

For me, it is the old hymns. “Take my wife and let me be…” I just can’t seem to get that one out of my mind.

Oh, I do this all the time. I see the commercial for the power chairs and they mention mobility. I think “upward mobility sounds mighty good to me………”
    I see something about windows and walls (I can’t recall where) and I think “home is so much more than windows, walls and doors.” :-)