Open thread: A not-lost-in-translation edition
Since I think we’ve pretty much exhausted what there is to say and re-say about scripture and translation and how it can(not) be that the KJV is the literal word of God and full of subjective translational decisions about how to get Hebrew and Greek into English, let’s have a new open thread!
Some things to get us started.
- Parker Jonathan, very formerly of the Kingsmen, is – allegedly – back on the road with a trio.
- Evidently, the southern gospel world needs yet another custom record label.
- Chris White explains the song selection process for the NQC Live DVD (Chris was kind enough to send me a copy of the letter, but there’s no reason you can’t just go over to Daniel Mount’s site and read the full thing there).
- Also via Daniel, Aaron and Amanda Crabb are going to do the music at John Hagee’s church. Meanwhile Jason Crabb spends about as much on TBN as Brittney Spears spends on the tread mill before a big concert. It seems to just get harder and harder to explain to people who didn’t know the Crabbs at the time of their first national appearing how really great their music was for a while, before they exploded into a bunch of splinter acts and descended into retail religion and the fanatical fringes. What’s next? Mike and Kelly Bowling on tour with Benny Hinn?
- Finally, that Cody kid from NQC who sounded eerily like Vestal Goodman landed on the Gaither tour recently (h/t, KC).
PS: One more thing: the Unthanks have taken the UK by storm … sort of (h/t, NG)Email this Post