So in the past few days I’ve had to delete several off topic comments and redirect the commenters to the most recent open thread (prior to this post, that would have been the Weekend Roundup). Evidently it’s not enough to have an open thread; it’s got to be at the the top of the page! So here tis. A few pieces of content to collect on our way to conversational critical mass:
- Looks like a former DMB singer may be on American Idol tonight.
- Via Daniel Mount, some more and better Gold City YouTubes are up. The sound quality is a lot better (as is the quality of singing), though the zoom was so far out, I found myself watching via the monitors just like a regular nosebleeder at the concert.
- Speaking of YouTube: suffering through all these crummy, unwatchable, often unlistenable youtube bootlegs that come across the interwebs, I wonder: why don’t groups find a
groupiediehard fan with some tech savvy and christen that fan YouTube Videographer for the group, thus guaranteeing that there will always be at least a few quality clips out there in the mix? Because some of the tripe that fans post really just doesn’t do the artists or their appeal any favors.
- My old friend, and one of Avery’s very first readers, The Art Coach (who created this site’s logo), is creating a piece of artwork every day this year and offering it for sale on a first-come basis. Check it out.
- Finally, the Florida Boys (see, I didn’t call them “fake”) created some really bad King-sized crimes against fashion at Graceland recently.