Song of the Decade, Final Round

David Bruce Murray has the final round of voting going on right now for his attempt to identify the Song ofthe Decade. Vote here. My guess is: “Four Days Late” wins.

Comments

1. Janet B wrote:

I’m going with Through The Fire. It made it this far, anyway.

Janet, that is my favorite of the lot. I realize the message there is more day to day living than the other two which are more about God’s miracles (although Four Days is similar to Fire in everyday living, but it tells Biblical examples as well), so I don’t know which way that will affect the outcome.

I do like the messages in all three, and the performances are all good, but I think the melody is better and the performance is more passionate in Through The Fire. So, looking at all aspects as a whole instead of just the lyrics, I give the edge to Through The Fire. Going with lyrics, I think Blind Man is the most creative followed by Four Days Late.

This isn’t to say the melodies of the others are bad or the lyrics of Through the Fire are bad. I like the lyrics of Through the Fire too. I just think the others are more creative in telling things we’ve heard before, but with a twist. As far as melodies, I would say Blind Man gets second place.

I do like I Found Grace too.

4. David Bruce Murray wrote:

I’m typing up the survey for the 1990s as the 2000s survey is drawing to a close Thursday night at midnight, EDT.

The next survey is going to be VERY interesting…more so than the 2000s survey, if you ask me. We’re going to be choosing from songs like “Wish You Were Here” (Kingsmen), “Wedding Music” (Cathedrals), “That’s Him” (Hoppers) and “I Call It Home” (Squire Parsons). That’s just from 1992 alone.

The 1990s survey will begin next week. In the meantime, I’ll be posting the winner for the 2000s survey late tomorrow night, as well as the percentages from all three rounds. Thanks for taking part in the survey.

5. David Bruce Murray wrote:

The winner has been posted for the 2000s poll. Thanks for voting!

Don’t go too far, though. Next week, we’ll start the 1990s poll.

6. David Bruce Murray wrote:

Round One voting for the 1990s Song Of The Decade begins today and ends next Monday at midnight.

This decade should be even more interesting than the 2000s, because favorite songs will have 10-20 years of nostalgia built up. I expect there will be also more songs that people have forgotten or never heard.

7. David Bruce Murray wrote:

Three groups are leading after the first day of voting. One group is leading four years, one is leading three years, and one is leading in two years. Two of those groups are tied for first in one year. Another group is leading one year, so out of ten years there are just four groups in first place.

No, I’m not going to reveal which groups or which years, but feel free to guess…I will neither confirm or deny!

8. Winston Hyde wrote:

I would say “He Pilots my Ship”