Some items that don’t warrant posts of their own but might still be worth mentioning as we head into the weekend:
- Crossroads Music is offering a free download of Lauren Talley’s new release, “In Christ Alone.” It’s a little Paula-Stefanovichy for my taste but hey … it’s free, until Monday.
- Oh the Hairmanity: Via DBM (by way of
Daniel MountDean Adkins), watch Tim Riley’s Combover Mullet from ca. early 80s get the scraps that Rusty Goodman throws to him on “Let Your Fingers do the Walkin.’” Is it just me or was Rusty tryin’ way too hard to be southern gospel’s Conway Twitty?
- Daniel has reviewed a DVD release of clips from the old Sing Out America show, now available (in an earlier version of this post
I mistakenly conflated the clip above with this DVD). Looks like a decent collection with decent image quality, for footage from the 80s.
- EHSSQ performed at the Stamps-Baxter School of Music Wednesday night. Anybody there have a report and/or audio/video clip?
- Following our Freedom Singers immigration discussion, I noticed that a CCM singer is having his own immigration woes.
Consider this an open thread. I’ll be back early next week.Email this Post