Another gospel first: facebooking* in tongues

Telegospelist Juanita Bynum appears to be pioneering something akin to typing in tongues on Twitter (though, I won’t be the first to note that she probably wasn’t literally typing with her tongue). Thus Bynum:

GIRD THEM UP IN THE SPIRIT…GIVE THEM A MIND TO PRAY LIKE NEVER BEFORE….WE CALL ON YOU JESUS….YOU ARE OUR HELP AND OUR HOPE!!!!!!!!NDHDIUBGUGTRUCGNRTUGTIGRTIGRGBNRDRGNGGJNRIC YOU ARE OUR HELP AND OUR HOPE….RFSCNGUGHURGVHKTGHDKUNHSTNSVHGN YOU GOD……YOU ARE OUR HELP AND OUR HOPE!!!!!! OUR HOPE IS IN YOU FATHER……OUR STRENGTH FOR SUCH A TIME AS THIS IS IN YOU FATHER……HELP US NOW……LORD WE DONT ASK FOR HELP FOR JUST THEM….THIS IS US….THIS IS A PART OF OUR OWN BODY….

Bless her heart.

*Corrected, though I hope tweeting in tongues has a much better ring to it.

Comments

1. Duane wrote:

God will hold those accountable who mock Him!

2. Sherri wrote:

How ridiculous and phony! Yes, she will be held accountable for this!

3. Joe wrote:

But if you hold your smart phone over the offending organ system, and you both can get the timing just perfect, she can also heal you of your ailment(s).

4. Friday Night Revival wrote:

Tweeting in tongues obviously mandates you use no vowels except for letters “u” and “i”. Guess that is a reference to the relationship of the sanctified human soul and the Holy Spirit, working together.

5. Magnolia wrote:

Well, I was raised in a traditional Pentecostal Church and it was a sane, Christian place until the Charismatic movement took over. I cannot tell you what confusion and heartache that the Charismatic movement eventually brought to our medium-sized church.

I believe that the good Lord is going to soon shake this country because of the mockery that is going on in the House of God. Half of what we hear and see on Christian TV is as secular and anti-Bible as it comes.

6. Soli Deo Gloria wrote:

Luckily, I have the gift of interpretation, but only of typed tongues. Here’s what she said:

“Send me money…send me money…buy my crap…send me money…”

7. ADottieFan wrote:

the $5000 pen queen this doesn’t surprise me a bit It does turn my stomach though

I’ve typed, facebooked & text in tongues before but it wasn’t from the spirit… now maybe SOME spirits & burnt offerings!!!

9. ADottieFan wrote:

These apostate preachers are mocking God it seems everyday a new story is put out about one of them which is proof that you can be sure your sins will find you out God will not be mocked for long Paula White suing another pastor because member’s of her “church” left to go to his it’s sickening the way these “pastors” behave I wonder how many souls are lost because of the way these people behave? Winning souls for Jesus is not their focus they only use Jesus’s name to make themselves rich, imo. I am sick of these wolves fleecing the lost souls and perverting the gospel.

10. CVH wrote:

Just when you think they can’t hit a new low…what a load of crap.

11. Magnolia wrote:

I have found a very interesting blog that exposes these “wolves in sheep’s clothing”. It’s a very insightful blog with a creative name.

www.slaughteringthesheep.wordpress.com

12. Samuel wrote:

Tongues Biblically was a gift of the early church for proof until God’s Word was finished. It was where the speaker spoke his own language, and it came out in the language of the listener (e.g. an Italian talking to a Mexican.) It’s sick when people misunderstand and misuse it.

13. Pentecost Man wrote:

I am Pentecostal to the bone, but her shenanigans insult me. She may claim to be pentecostal, but if this is what she is about, she really doesn’t have a clue.

Pentecostals believe in speaking in other tongues AS THE SPIRIT gives the utterance….not writing or posting in tongues. It is a mockery, in my opinion.

14. Tony Watson wrote:

#12 Samuel - RIGHT on the money!

15. Jake wrote:

Put a cat on your computer keyboard for about 5 seconds and you will have just as good “typing in tongues” as this woman did! lol

If you really REALLY BELIEVE in speaking in tongues and that God can give you gifts to speak them…then is it really a stretch to think he can’t transfer that skill to fingers on a keyboard???

Would think that there are ADAPTIVE Blessings since there wasn’t computer keyboards and social media web sites, heck or even TV’s but I have seen many ppl speak in tongues on FAMILY FRIENDLY NETWORKS!!!

17. irishlad wrote:

Es la mayor carga de mierda de caballo nunca he leido

18. ode wrote:

13, hmm. I don’t suffer occult well.
    Good point, Wade. PMan,you suggestion that a written word lacks the spiritual power of a spoken one contradicts almost 6K year-long history of God’s communication with man. If a text in tongueish lost the holy spirit en route to recorded-transcribed-twitted, then it wasn’t inspired in the first place. To sound consistent you have to validate writing in tongues, too.

Only few things we do with our mouth, like eating, sealing envelopes, kissing and oral sex have to be real time, physical realm events. Everything else we employ our tongue for gets successfully replicated by media means without losing any effectiveness.

But as two very respected by me brothers CVH and Irishlad eloquently summarized it “speaking in tongues is crap, or horseshit” Brevity is the soul of wit, indeed,it took me 2 paragraphs to say the same.

19. ode wrote:

-to add- but don’t take me the wrong way about “tongues movement” (What possessed person came up with the term, btw ?comedy writes itself. Ha, and you Americans say Israelis are too sexually charged? :D )

In comparison to crazy cult called fundamentalist SB’s teachings that Jesus actions, like winedrinking, dancing and brotherly love are sin and selfrighteous,loveless,elitist pseudo piousness are “godliness”… tongues are pretty harmless form of church entertainment, imho.

Babbling doesn’t make sense,sure,but about 5 of my church’s 8 pastors never make any sense either even thought they speak English.

20. Bones wrote:

You don’t need a keyboard to talk to God. You speak from your heart. There are false prophets among us and we need to stand our ground against Satan. He is a deceiver.

21. Pentecost Man wrote:

They SPOKE in other tongues as the Spirit gave the utterance….

not

They TYPED in other tongues as the Spirit gave the utterance…

22. irishlad wrote:

Hey Ode, it’s a crying shame thet OS is still illegal in quite a few bible belt states :( i’m sure they’ll find something else to do with their tongues.

23. Jake wrote:

Whether you believe tongues still exists today or whether you believed it ceased, and whether you believe tongues must be spoken or whether they can be typed, the fact is that tongues was/is WORDS. They were spoken in a different language, but they were words, which when put together created sentences to produce a message.

Look at the example above. It is not words. A string of consanants with no spaces and few vowels is not words. It is finger play on a keyboard.

24. Kyle wrote:

Perhaps she was using voice recognition software.

25. Ode wrote:

Ilad, ;) English grammar & punctuation, reading and history are also illegal in the Bible Belt, as Avery’s Fine Lounge often proves.

(Some southern posters in here being notable, wise, wonderful exceptions, of course)